All traumas are not created equal.
Trauma is any event that threatens your sense of safety and stability.
Most people will experience trauma in their lifetime, whether it’s a car accident, abuse, neglect, the sudden death of a loved one, a violent criminal act, exposure to the violence of war, or a natural disaster.
Over time, some of these individuals can recover on their own from their trauma experience.
Unfortunately, for many trauma suffers, the horrors of the past have hijacked their present lives and left them with incomprehensible anxiety, fear, shame, and rage.
Trauma symptoms vary widely. So your experience with the lasting effects from a trauma can be as unique to you as your fingerprint. If you’re confused or curious about your own symptoms, I’ve listed some of the most commonly reported trauma symptoms.
- Attempts to avoid anything that reminds you of the distressing experience
- Unwanted, intrusive thoughts or memories of the distressing experience
- The sense that you are re-experiencing the trauma via nightmares or flashbacks
- Aggressive, reckless behavior, including self-harm
- Disturbances of sleep or concentration
- Unprovoked anger, irritability, and hypervigilance for harm
Negative Mood and Cognition Symptoms
- Loss of interest in enjoyable activities
- Anxiety, depression, numbness, self-blame, shame, or guilt
- Persistent negative thoughts, like “I’m ruined”, “the world is dangerous”, “I can’t trust anyone”
- Reduced ability to experience positive emotions, like happiness, love, satisfaction
I know how to help.
I offer in-depth insight and skills to help you regulate your arousal and regain mastery of your life.
I’ll help you access your inherent wisdom and healing capacity. You can finally process your past and move away from your pain. You can find relief and hope. And experience the peace and compassion you deserve.
Take the first step toward transformation. Find healing and hope.
Contact me today for a free consultation.